US deploys greater air power in the Middle East since the invasion of Iraq in 2003, says newspaper

by Marcelo Moreira

An F-35 jet lands on the runway of the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson during military exercises REUTERS The US is moving a large number of fighter jets and other military aircraft towards the Middle East amid negotiations for a nuclear deal with Iran. According to the American newspaper “Wall Street Journal”, which spoke to American officials who remained anonymous, this is the country’s largest mobilization of air power in the region since the Iraq War in 2003. ✅ Follow the international news channel of g1 on WhatsApp This Thursday (19), US President Donald Trump said that “very bad things” will happen to Iran if the country does not sign an agreement with Washington that limits its nuclear program. He also said that “the US will get a deal, one way or another.” According to the report, in recent days, several fifth-generation fighters, such as the F-22 and F-35, have been deployed towards US bases in the Middle East. The aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln is also close to Iran. Last week, US President Donald Trump said he would send the world’s largest aircraft carrier, the USS Gerald Ford — along with a fleet of destroyers, dozens of fighter jets and a nuclear submarine — to join the Middle East fleet. Iran carries out military exercise in the Strait of Hormuz amid nuclear negotiations with the US Other support and operations coordination aircraft, essential for an attack, would also be sent. According to military personnel interviewed by the newspaper, “the firepower will give the US the option of carrying out a sustained air war, which could last weeks, against Iran” — unlike the “Midnight Hammer”, a single operation in June 2025, which bombed Iranian nuclear bases all at once. Readiness for attack The United States is ready for a possible attack against Iran next Saturday (21), reported the American network CBS News. The operation still depends on Trump’s final decision. The report states that any action could extend beyond the weekend. The information was provided by government sources familiar with the topic. In the coming days, the Pentagon will begin transferring American employees in the Middle East to other regions, such as Europe or the United States, according to the broadcaster. Movements of this type are common in situations of imminent conflict. Iran has said it will attack American bases in the Middle East if it is bombed. The country announced naval military exercises with Russian forces in the Sea of ​​Oman and the northern Indian Ocean on Thursday (19). Also on Wednesday, White House spokeswoman Karoline Leavitt said that the United States has “several arguments” to justify an attack. Currently, the US and Iran are negotiating an agreement to limit Iran’s nuclear program. Tehran claims that the program is for peaceful purposes, but the American government fears that the country will try to develop a nuclear weapon. Recent meetings between delegations from the two countries ended with small advances, but still far from an agreement. Trump said he will attack Iran if there is no agreement.

Source link

You may also like

Leave a Comment

Este site usa cookies para melhorar a sua experiência. Presumimos que você concorda com isso, mas você pode optar por não participar se desejar Aceitar Leia Mais

Privacy & Cookies Policy

Adblock Detected

Please support us by disabling your AdBlocker extension from your browsers for our website.