Trump and Kamala Reuters US President Donald Trump revoked the protection provided by the secret service to former vice-president Kamala Harris. Harris, who was the republican’s opponent in the presidential race, would be entitled to six months of protection after leaving office – a deadline that came to an end on July 21 – but a determination signed by Joe Biden, shortly before ending his term, extended security for another year. ✅ Click here to follow the G1 international news channel on WhatsApp on a letter, entitled “Memorandum to the Internal Security Secretary” and with the date of Thursday (28), to which the American broadcaster CNN had firsthand access, Trump has canceled this order: “You are authorized to discontinue any procedures related to security previously authorized by the executive memorandum, as well as those required by law, law For the following individual, from September 1, 2025: former vice-president Kamala D. Harris. ” The end of Harris’s protection occurs at a time when she will soon board a tour of several cities to promote the launch of a memories of her presidential campaign, “107 Days”, which is expected to reach bookstores on September 23. Sought to comment on the news, Harris Senior Counselor Kirsten Allen confirmed the decision and said: “The vice president is grateful to the United States secret service for her professionalism, dedication and unshakable commitment to security.” Former presidents receive lifetime protection from the secret service. The White House and the secret service did not respond to CNN comments requests. Kamala Harris speaks for the first time after Trump’s victory according to CNN, California governor Gavin Newson has already been informed about Trump’s decision and, along with Los Angeles mayor Karen Bass, where Kamala lives, is thinking how to solve the situation. “This is another act of revenge after a long list of political retaliation in the form of layoffs, revocation of security authorizations and more. This puts the former vice-president in danger and I look forward to working with the governor to ensure that Vice President Harris is safe in Los Angeles,” Bass told CNN in a statement. Kamala Harris gives speech in Washington to admit defeat in the 2024 presidential election Reuters/Kevin Lamarque Videos: More Assisted from G1
Source link
Trump removes protection from secret service to Kamala Harris
28